I woke up this morning to a house covered in twigs, yarn and grass clippings.....just about everything possible to build a nest. It's metaphorical of course, but there was some serious midnight nesting happening in the kitchen last night...and I had no idea.
Hot mama was out most of the day scoping out the baby shops and had brought home some pretty good stuff to organize the little mans new room. That must have sparked something in the maternal cortex. Jess started gutting out some of the kitchen cupboards when she got home to eradicate the clutter that has accumulated since we have come to BC. Apparently when she mentioned that she was 'done for the night' at 9:30pm, it only ment for a few hours.
I woke up this morning and went downstairs to find that a flock of sparrows had besieged the kitchen and began some hardcore nocturnal nesting. Not a single nook or cranny remained untouched.
Nests everywhere.
Scary part was that it all happened in the middle of the night, and I was completely oblivious.
On second thought...this might be a very, very good thing. I'm going to put out some bird seed in the garage when I get home ... that place needs an overhaul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just reading through your fairy tale and have to say I think you are in the wrong profession! I may be wrong but writer comes to mind??? Hope all is well. Great Idea and good job to the both of you for keeping this story up.
ReplyDeleteSarah
aka your alongside pregnancy friend.
It was nice sharing each others pregnancy stories :)