
Boedy has spent much of his first two weeks sleeping. When he is awake, he is often just looking around quietly or staring at our faces. He's been making lots of cute squirly noises and sometimes lets out a coo after he's had a good burb. Funny every time!
This week was my first week solo with our little man and we have been busy. On Monday, my cousin and her eight month old daughter came over for a visit. She brought delicious homemade goodies as well as gifts for Boedy. It certainly made our day. We are grateful for her support. One of my co-workers and his wife also stopped in to deliver lasagna and brownies. Yum! We gave Boedy his first bath on Monday night and he seemed to like it as he slept for 6.5 hours afterwards. His timing was perfect as I was in need of some serious sleep as well.
Tuesday was a very busy day. Boedy and I ran a few errands and then I took him to visit the lactation consultant to weigh him and get some more breastfeeding advice. His weight gain is excellent and he will be back up to his birth weight in no time. We gave Boedy his second bath and finished it off with a massage. He stretched his little legs as far as they would go and had a look of "this is the life" on his face. It was priceless! He spent his first night in the bassinet in our room.
On Wednesday, Boedy and I went for a walk and had lunch with my friend Aimee at Rocky Point. This was Boedy's first stroller ride and he slept the whole time. Aimee was due on June 28 and was really hoping that the walk would get things moving and sure enough it did. She delivered a beautiful baby boy on Friday afternoon. Looking forward to our next walk with both boys. The weather was so nice on Wednesday that we decided to go for another walk with Brad when he got home from work.
Thursday was big day for firsts...Boedy found his thumb, he lost his umbilical cord, and I got back into my pre pregnancy jeans. We celebrated Canada Day by taking in some of the local festivities and finished the day off with an ice cream at Rocky Point.
We had a relaxing day on Friday. I took Boedy to our local coffee shop where I enjoyed a ginormous piece of chocolate cake and a latte. Hey, you're supposed to get an extra 500 calories per day when you are breastfeeding aren't you?! We had another playdate on Friday night. One of the couples from our prenatal class came by with their little guy who was born two days after Boedy and we went for a walk and shared labour and delivery stories.
All in all, it was a fantastic week full of firsts. It's hard to believe that this time last year I wasn't even pregnant yet! Time flies!
No comments:
Post a Comment