The wild and magical ride of bringing new munchkins into our world.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby Showers















Here are a few pictures from the wonderful baby shower that my aunt and cousins threw me a few weeks ago. My mom, grandmother and small group of friends attended and we shared many stories and laughs. It was especially neat to hear my grandmother's tales of raising six children and funny to see her reaction when she found out that cloth diapers now sell for $15-$25 a piece (she used to make her own for practically nothing). We had some yummy food, drinks, and played some games. I received some incredible gifts...everything from baby clothes, books, and toys...to my dad's "vintage" (hahaha) Bunnykins dishes. I can't wait to use it all. Thanks for the great pictures mom! I unfortunately do not have any of you though since you were behind the camera.

My work colleagues also threw me and the three other expecting parents in my office a posh baby shower a couple of weeks ago. I received some adorable gifts and everybody chipped in and presented me with a far-to-generous gift certificate. On top of all that, my department team took me out to lunch and gave me some fun mom-to-be presents including a gift certificate to my favourite spa. Who doesn't like a little something for herself sometimes? I have been putting the spa gift certificate to great use these past few weeks now that I'm off work and have been enjoying facials, massages, and pedicures. I am now fully relaxed and ready to have this baby. Won't be long now (fingers crossed)!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment