The wild and magical ride of bringing new munchkins into our world.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Big Guy

I LOVE shopping and most of all I love shopping for little B. We went to the States today to pick up some new duds that we ordered from Carter's online. Each little folded sweatshirt comes with matching fleece pants. All this for under $100 CAD, can you believe it?! We don't have many hand-me-downs so I am always in pursuit of good deals. And, no duty for us today thanks to the kind customs agent (it's about time I get a break). I love his new little boy outfits so much that I wanted to show them off and I know my fellow shopaholics would appreciate it (you know who you are...Shelby). The sweatshirt in the middle of the pile sums up his current sizing...BIG GUY SIZE...like his daddy.
Here's a quick rundown of B's current sizing for the grandmothers who are always looking for an update:
Superstore (Joe Fresh)
Cords/Jeans: 6-12 mos. (fits now with room to grow...I buy most of his pants here)
Button Shirts: 12-18 mos. at least (he's broad chested so sizing is really tough but he looks so cute in them)
Sweaters: 12-18 mos. to be safe (6-12 mos. fits him now)
Old Navy
Button Shirts: 18-24 mos.
Onesies: 12-18 mos. (fit perfectly now)
Sweaters: 12-18 mos. (fit perfectly now)
Costco
Sleepers: 18 mos. (most of his sleepers are from Costco even the Craig's list ones...they've got such a great selection)
T-Shirt Onesies: 12-18 mos.
Carter's
Sleepers: 18 mos.
Clothes: 12 mos. (fits now with a bit of room)
Shoes
Size 2
Robeez: 6-12 mos.
I don't really shop at the department stores but I know they sometimes have really great sales. H&M is a favourite of mine but I don't think there are any stores past Quebec yet (maybe Halifax).
We made it back in time to catch a movie. We saw Due Date and it was awesome (very Hangover-esque). A definite must see! Anyway, Boedy seemed to think it rocked as well. His laugh is becoming quite infectious and he had the whole theatre laughing for a good couple of minutes at one point. He was mimicking their laughter and just kept going with it. Oh, and he learned to yelp today so it was laugh, yelp, laugh, yelp...oh, and the occasional snort. I have know idea who he gets that from, haha. All in all, a fantastic day! We're both pooped.
We had a play date yesterday with one of Brad's colleagues who offered up some great advice on daycares and nannies (yes, nannies...they're big out here). I'm feeling better now and am ready to continue my hunt for that perfect spot for our precious boy. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment