We toured another daycare today. While I've heard it's an excellent daycare, I didn't come away from the tour with a warm and fuzzy feeling. Truth be told, I started to cry during the tour. You see, when I got there, they asked me if I would like to let Boedy play with the other kids while I looked around. It sounded like a great idea at the time until I turned my back on him after setting him down with the other kids. Oh man, it was way too real. It took everything I had to not break out in "the ugly cry" and I ran back into the room to get another peak at his adorable little face. Sniff, sniff! I don't know how I'm going to get through this. I think I'm going to take a break from touring daycares for a couple of weeks until I can get my head wrapped around this. I'm sure Brad's beginning to wonder why I keep coming home from these tours saying "nope, it simply won't do". I'm beginning to realize that it has nothing to do with the daycares themselves...
I picked up some rice cereal and plastic bibs for Boedy today in preparation for the transition to solids. I can't wait for that first bite, eeeek! We'll be sure to capture it on video.
Well, the taps are on here in BC but that's not slowing us down. After watching many moms and babes walking about in the pouring rain (I'm talking cats and dogs) this morning, I decided that we could do the same. So, out we went this afternoon for our first big walk in the rain. I was well equipped with rubber boots, a rain coat, and rain shield for the stroller. It didn't seem to bother Boedy one bit and I found it rather relaxing myself. There's something about the pitter patter of the rain drops that is very soothing. Just what I needed after a rough morning! :-)
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment