The wild and magical ride of bringing new munchkins into our world.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

First Tracks...

A couple of neighbourhood moms (Bek, Kumi, and Bek's sister Abby) and I took our babies snowshoeing for the first time today (day after Boedy and Tera's 7 month birthday). As we were leaving, the dads lined up outside and watched us as we prepared for our big adventure. I think they thought we were nuts for wanting to do this with the babies. It took us about an hour to prepare (lol) and another hour to get there. By the time we were geared up and moving, it was nap time again for Tera and Boedy. The crunch of the snowshoes in the snow quickly lulled them to sleep. We hiked for a good hour or more. The terrain was moderate with a few steep climbs. It was a great workout! Kumi and I stopped for a hot beverage at the little coffee shop at the bottom of the hill on our way home. All in all, we had a wonderful day...and all agreed that we would do it again!
Seymore Snowshoe Trails


Kumi, Tera, Boedy, and I getting ready to leave

Gearing up at Seymore...





Here we go...

Bek, Atti, and Abby





Sleepy Boedy





Home sweet home!

1 comment:

  1. You ladies rock! What a great idea and the kids are loving it...nothing better than fresh air and exercise....Good on ya mates! Love Nana xo

    ReplyDelete