Life as a mom (quick bite between B's dinner and bath)!
YUMMY MUMMY CLUB
We had a smaller turnout today as some of the mums and babies were sick. Since this week's host (we rotate houses) was sick, we moved the venue to the Canoe Club playroom. After an hour of play, we walked over to Caffe Divano, the Klahanie neighbourhood coffee lounge, for a cup of Joe and some mommy chat.
MOM & BABY ZUMBA CLASS
Boedy and I went to our first mom & baby Zumba class at the Canoe Club gym this morning. My friend Jenna and her sweet Emma are taking the class with us. Zumba is a Latin inspired dance fitness class. It's not something that I would typically chose as I'm challenged in the shake my bootie like Shakira department (Shakira likes to say that her hips don't lie but mine have been lying to me my whole damn life) but we all have to step out of our comfort zones once in a while.
We set the babies up on mats and blankets in front of us (behind the instructor) so that they could watch us move and shake. Boedy was content playing with his toys for the entire class. Every once in a while he would give a shout out to everybody and then go back to playing with his toys. He kept baby Emma (5 months) amused with his antics.
I'm looking forward to our next class! Apparently, all I have to do is "feel the music" and my hips will start to move like Shakira's (lol). It would take a small miracle but I'm willing to keep trying.
I know what you mean about the hip issue...I sure wish I could move like Shikira!!! I think every man would love it if we could...tee hee. Love Mom xo
ReplyDelete