The wild and magical ride of bringing new munchkins into our world.

Monday, February 28, 2011

"Get Fit"

In early January, I blogged that one of my goals for 2011 was to "get fit". What does that mean? Is that even a goal? I didn't put a lot of thought into the words when I wrote them. I have been working my butt off (literally) for the past couple of months but I still can't tell you what the words "get fit" mean to me and I think it's going to take a lot longer than a few months to figure it out. It's probably all part of my journey to "getting fit" (lol). I decided very shortly after I set the loose goal for myself that I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about it and that I would just DO...just START. I think Mark Twain said it best: "the secret to getting ahead is getting started". So, that's exactly what I did. I started moving...I asked one of my new mom friends if she would train for a half marathon with me. She said yes without hesitation and we have been running 5 days a week since Jan. 2. I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on Jan. 11 and just finished it on Sunday. I started a candlelight hatha yoga class three weeks ago, started a kickboxing & spinning class two weeks ago, and started P90X this morning. Most importantly, I started making healthier food choices. What do I know today? I know that I like how I feel - I feel strong, I have more energy, I like that my clothes are starting to feel loose (even my smallest pair of jeans that I had given to my cousin because I thought I would never fit into them again and have since had to ask for them back...never say never!), and most of all I like this journey that I'm on...

1 comment:

  1. Good work Jess, that is what I have to do, keep moving, difficult these days but will get back to it shortly...So proud of you. Love Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete